Kerala Blasters FC and NorthEast United FC managed to draw scoreless in the Indian Super League (ISL) match at Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Margao, Goa, on Thursday. While both teams had enough opportunities to score goals, neither team managed to find the net.

Kerala Blasters FC missed some clear chances when NorthEast United FC imposed a goalless draw in the Hero Indian Super League (ISL) match at Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Margao, Goa on Thursday. The game had very few clear chances, but they were all from the Kerala Blasters who couldn’t add the finishing touches to make them count.

However, it was the Highlanders who came closest to opening the deadlock in the 26th minute, when Hernán Santana’s free kick went off the post.

Four minutes later, the Blasters closed in when Jorge Díaz headed a cross from Adrián Luna inches from the target.

However, the biggest first-half opportunity came in the way of the Kerala Blasters in the 36th minute when Provat Lakra was tackled by Luna and the Highlanders defender ended up giving the ball to Diaz despite being in a handheld situation. on hand with the fired doorman. large.

A heated exchange between Harmanjot Khabra and Suhair Vadakkepeedika threatened to get the match underway, but there were no more chances when the first half came to an end.

Blasters blew a great opportunity to get onto the roster six minutes after the restart when Vincy Barretto crashed into the area after beating a defender. But with only the goalkeeper to beat, he chose Sahal Abdul Samad who, despite being in a great position to score, shot wide with a practically empty goal in front of him.

Three minutes later, Diaz had a great opening to find the back of the net, but he fired straight at the goalkeeper.

The Blasters’ brilliant start to the second half faded as both coaches tried to freshen things up by making a series of changes, but it wasn’t until the 83rd minute that either team created a major opportunity.

NorthEast United had goalkeeper Subhasish Roy Choudhary to thank for keeping the score at 0-0 when he denied Álvaro Vázquez to his full extent as he tried to head off a precise cross from Nishu Kumar.

Vazquez then had another chance to win in injury time when he attempted a long-range effort that was inches from target.

The referee’s whistle indicated the share of the spoils as both Kerala Blasters FC and NorthEast United FC went off the mark for the season.

Kerala Blasters will now face archrival Bengaluru FC on Sunday, while NorthEast United will face Chennaiyin FC a day later.

Follow us on Facebook here

Stay connected with us on Twitter here

Like and share our Instagram page here


Source link