Like every year, the Christmas bonus is paid in mid-December. Its amount varies depending on your situation and the number of dependent children.
Are you going to receive the Christmas bonus in mid-December? Paid since 1998 by CAF, CMSA and Pôle Emploi, this aid allows the most modest families, benefiting from certain social minima, to spend the end-of-year celebrations with dignity and to buy Christmas gifts for the children. The amount of the Christmas bonus varies little each year (it has not been adjusted since 2008), and depends on the number of dependent children, as well as your situation, particularly if you live alone or in a couple. The Christmas bonus is paid automatically, without any action to be taken. here is what you need to know about the 2021 Christmas bonus.
When is the Christmas bonus paid?
The Christmas bonus is paid approximately one week before the Christmas holidays. In 2020, families were able to benefit from it on December 15 and 16.
Who can receive the Christmas bonus?
The Christmas bonus is paid to beneficiaries of certain social minima such as:
- The beneficiaries of Solidarity labor income (RSA), the amount of which varies depending on the family composition and the number of children.
- the specific solidarity allowance (ASS)
- the equivalent retirement allowance (AER)
- You can also benefit from the christmas bonus if you received in November or December 2021 the flat-rate premium for resumption of activity (PFRA).
- If you only benefit from one of these aids from December, the Christmas bonus will then be paid to you at the beginning of January 2022.
Are the unemployed entitled to the Christmas bonus?
If you are entitled to one of the benefits below for the month of November or December 2021, you will be able to receive the Christmas bonus which will be automatically paid to you by Pôle Emploi. The beneficiaries of the social minima who can claim them are those who are entitled to:
- The specific solidarity allowance (ASS) (in Metropolitan France and in the overseas departments including Mayotte);
- The specific solidarity allowance for training (ASS-F) (in Metropolitan France and in the overseas departments including Mayotte);
- The retirement equivalent allowance (AER);
- Public internship remuneration (RPS) ;·
- The remuneration of the Pôle emploi training (RFPE) ;·
- Assistance in setting up and taking over a business (ACRE-ASS).
- For families who touchSpecific solidarity allowance (ASS), the equivalent retirement allowance (AER), it is the Pôle Emploi which will make the payment automatically.
- The amount of the Christmas bonus for people receiving ASS (specific solidarity allowance), AER (retirement equivalent allowance) or the return to work bonus, the Christmas bonus amount (paid by Pôle Emploi) remains fixed and amounts to 152.45 euros.
- In Mayotte, the amount of the Christmas bonus is 76.22 euros for beneficiaries of Ass and Aer.
How much is the Christmas bonus this year?
Christmas bonus amount for RSA beneficiaries
The amount of the Christmas bonus changes little each year. For beneficiaries of the RSA (active solidarity income), the amount of the premium varies according to the family situation. In 2020, the amount of the Christmas bonus was 152,45 euros for a single person, at 274,41 euros for a couple with a child, and 320,14 euros for a couple with two children. From three children, the couple will then benefit from a premium of 381,12 euros.
|Family situation (RSA)||If you live alone||If you live as a couple|
|Without child||152,45 euros|
|1 child||228,67 euros||274,41 euros|
|2 children||274,41 euros||320,14 euros|
|3 children||335,39 euros||381,12 euros|
|4 children||396,37 euros||442,10 euros|
|Per additional child||60,98 euros||60,98 euros|
What steps to take to benefit from the Christmas bonus?
If you collect RSA, the Christmas bonus is automatically paid by the Caf or your CMSA depending on your situation. Do you receive the ASS, the AER or the flat-rate premium for resumption of activity? In this case, it will be Pôle Emploi which will take care of the payment in the 15 days preceding Christmas. In all cases, no steps need to be taken to request or benefit from the Christmas bonus. If you are a beneficiary of the Rsa in November or December 2021, make sure that the information communicated to your Caf is up to date to avoid any error in the payment.