Guanajuato.- This Friday after noon, minors from 12 to 17 years old with some comorbidity may receive the vaccine COVID in 15 municipalities of Guanajuato.
READ ALSO: 11-year-old boy from Guanajuato dies of COVID
The Guanajuato Health Secretariat (SSG) reported that this Friday 20 vaccination points will be enabled in the following 15 municipalities:
- Dolores Hidalgo
- San Jose Iturbide
- San Luis de la Paz
- San Miguel de Allende
- Santiago Valley
Based on the recommendations of the Technical Advisory Group on COVID-19 Vaccination (GTAV), the National Vaccination Policy against the SARS-CoV-2 virus has been modified for the prevention of coronavirus to include adolescents between 12 and 17 years of age. living with some comorbidity “, indicated the SSG through a statement.
They will also vaccinate pregnant women and protected minors
This will be the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine for minors from 12 to 17 years old, it is also contemplated to vaccinate pregnant women who are in this age range and minors who have been protected to receive the vaccine.
READ ALSO: COVID: European Union approves Pfizer vaccine for use in children ages 5 to 11
In this sense, minors with the following comorbidities will be vaccinated: chronic heart conditions, chronic lung disease, chronic conditions of the kidney, liver and digestive system, chronic neurological disease, endocrine diseases, moderate or severe immunosuppression, asplenia or spleen dysfunction, hematological diseases and serious genetic abnormalities.
“The BNT162b2 vaccine from Pfizer / BioNTech will be applied, which, to date, is the only one that has demonstrated safety and immunogenicity in people 12 years of age and older, and has been approved for emergency application by the Federal Commission for Protection Against Sanitary Risks (COFEPRIS) of Mexico “, detailed the SSG.
To go to get vaccinated SSG request to go with the pre-registration generated by the platform mivacuna.salud.gob.mx, where it is necessary to register with the CURP and contact information, in addition to selecting that it is a risk group or with some comorbidity.
It is also requested to indicate the institution and medical care unit, and it is necessary to present the clinical diagnosis issued by the doctor treating the patient, which will be verified by the medical personnel of each unit where the vaccine will be applied.
READ ALSO: Parents ask that back to school continue to volunteer until minors are vaccinated
Vaccination points and municipality:
- Guanajuato General Hospital (Guanajuato capital)
- Dolores Hidalgo General Hospital (Dolores Hidalgo)
- General Hospital San José Iturbide (San José Iturbide)
- General Hospital San Luis de la Paz (San Luis de la Paz)
- Maternal Hospital San Luis de la Paz (San Luis de la Paz)
- General Hospital San Miguel de Allende (San Miguel de Allende)
- General Hospital Celaya (Celaya)
- Celaya Maternal Hospital (Celaya)
- Hospital General Acámbaro (Acámbaro)
- General Hospital Salvatierra (Salvatierra)
- Salamanca General Hospital (Salamanca)
- General Hospital Valle de Santiago (Valle de Santiago)
- General Hospital Uriangato (Uriangato)
- Pénjamo General Hospital (Pénjamo)
- General Hospital Irapuato (Irapuato)
- Irapuato Maternal Hospital (Irapuato)
- Silao General Hospital (Silao)
- General Hospital León (León)
- León Maternal Hospital (León)
- León Pediatric Hospital (León)