Celaya, Guanajuato.– The historic building Valenzuela which is located in front of the Temple of Carmen in Celaya it is being restored with private resources.
The Director of Urban Development, Jorge Granados Valencia explained that This building is listed by the National Institute of Anthropology and History (INAH)Therefore, the owner had to request the restoration permit before that instance.
The restoration consists of rremove vinyl paint to replace it with lime paint, quarry cleaning, removal of flattened that are at risk of falling and that they are made of sand cement, cleaning the gate in wooden windows and blacksmith doors.
They are procedures authorized by the INAH, the intention is to renovate the facades of the building with private resources and they have all the permits that we require, ”he commented.
The official reported that the architect Libia Patiño Ojeda is responsible for the restoration that has a permit from Urban Development since last July 12 and for a year but with the possibility of being extended depending on the conditions of the building.
Jorge Granados pointed out that does not know if there is a project to use it to this historic building.
The Valenzuela building was built between 1895 and 1900 according to some data, and between 1905 and 1907, according to others. It was the house of its builder and owner, Ciro Valenzuela Reynoso, who was prefect in the aftermath of the Porfirian regime.
This historic property It was built with quarry blocks hauled from the Las Canoas farm. It has three levels, without chain supports or links.
Formerly it was occupied by the apothecary “La Santísima” by Ciro Valenzuela himself, then it was the teacher Ricardo Rábago’s school and the La Corregidora School.
Then the floor of the building was occupied by the Regional Bank of Agricultural and Livestock Credit, the Santander Bank, a clothing store and a cafeteria.